I'm trying to set up an automation where when a sub-task gets created, it automatically inherits the value of a custom field (in our instance, this is "Scrum Team", customfield_10035) from the parent issue.
The code I have in place at the moment is:
{
"fields": {
"customfield_10035": "{{issue.parent.customfield_10035.id}}"
}
}
When the automation runs, I see an error:
Error editing issues
XYZ-20570 (Specify a valid 'id' or 'name' for Scrum Team (customfield_10035))
It looks to be expecting an actual value for the Scrum Team, rather than inheriting it directly from the parent issue.
I want to be able to allow this automation to run right across our project, which has many scrum teams within it, so ideally want to get this value from the parent issue.
I'm not the project owner, although I can ask them to create the automation if needed. I'm also not a Jira admin as our organisation is a large one, so its managed by a completely different team.