Hey - i've created a board by mistake and can't see how to delete it
Thanks
Sherry
Hi @Sherry Nightingale
Below few links that will help you to delete a board:
- https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-delete-boards-1283359027.html
- https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-delete-a-board-in-JIRA-cloud/qaq-p/1010008
Regards,
Seba
Hi @Sherry Nightingale Please follow the below steps:
Regards
Ravina
Thanks for sharing - the images aren't loading
What do you mean by 'search your url'?
Hey Ravina
Not sure what you mean by 'browse your URL'?
Browse your site URL mean that you need to open your jira in web browser.
Thank Seba - i'm using Google Chrome?
@Sherry NightingaleBrowse your site URL means access your Jira cloud site for example
https://your-company-name.atlassian.net/jira
Thank you everyone for your comments - I finally figured out how to do it :-)
To delete boards you own without being a system admin:
can you share how you did it? I am in a company managed project and I have the same issue. Not able to find delete option.
I am in community managed project and I am not seeing the option of 'View All Boards' anywhere. If I go to "..." of the individual board, I dont get Delete option. I am the org admin for JIRA. Any thing I am missing?
For a team-managed project, have a look at this answer from above:https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Re-Deleting-a-board/qaq-p/2604337/comment-id/920260#M920260
Hi Srinivas, Let me guide you how I did it.
All the other comments were rubbish! So here's a 1 minute step-by-step tutorial video for how to delete a Board from a Jira company-managed project, as of Feb. 2025: CLICK HERE.
I recorded a short loom tutorial video that will show you the two different click-paths to be able to delete a Board from your Jira.
This is the way. If the video disappears go to
https://<your company>.atlassian.net/jira/board
From there the kebab menu on the right of a board has a delete option
@Adam Bang you mean, this IS the way (present tense) 😆.
fixed
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.