I have a rule that ensures the custom field "Delivery Stream" (customfield_10109) is updates all sub-tasks when the task/story value is changed. That works as expected.
However, there are conditions that can result in a sub-task not having the same value as the parent, e.g. when a subtask is moved to a different parent, or a task is demoted to a sub-task. Those events can't be caught with a trigger as best I can tell.
To cover those edge cases I had created a scheduled task to run every hour on changed tasks/stories (using JQL) and ensure the sub-tasks matched the parent, however this was failing if the Delivery Stream field had been cleared.
These are the 2 log lines I've used to try to capture the change, and the results in the logs from running the rule after setting the field to a value. These are the first steps immediately after the schedule trigger.
{{fieldChange}} # {{fieldChange.field}} ## {{changelog}} | {{changelog.field}}
{{issue.key}} {{issue.customfield_10109}} # {{issue.customfield_10109.fromString}}{{#if(issue.customfield_10109.isEmpty)}}EMPTY{{/}} > {{issue.customfield_10109.toString}}{{#if(issue.customfield_10109.isEmpty)}}EMPTY{{/}} | {{changelog.issue.customfield_10109}} . {{#changelog.customfield_10109}}{{fromString}}{{/}} >> {{#changelog.customfield_10109}}{{toString}}{{/}}Log action
Log
# ## ChangeLogList{startAt=0, maxResults=0, total=0, histories=null} |
Log action
Log
DFXXSYS-44 Atlas # > | . >>
Help to correct my attempt to capture the change, or a suggestion of a better approach to solve the edge case are both appreciated