I'm trying to set up an automation for a project such that new issues created under an Epic inherit their Account field value from the parent epic.
I have set up the following automation:
When: issue created
If: parent exists
Then: Edit issue fields – Copy Account from Parent issue
I have tested creating issues under an epic with an Account set. The Audit Log claims that the automation ran successfully for these issues but the Account is not set.
However, when I tried it out on a field other than Account (I tried Due date) the copying seemed to work. This suggests there's something about the Account field that breaks copying.
The Account field comes from our Tempo plugin. It can only be assigned a value from a pool of accounts set up through Tempo. I wonder if this means it's a more complex value that cannot be copied directly. Would it be achievable through the advanced JSON config?