Is there an automation rule that can be created to fill in the Assignee on when the issue is Unassigned. This would happen when the issue is being transitioned to Completed/Resolved. I was thinking perhaps via JSON but that is too complex for me
Your current automation in the screenshot is just changing things in Linked issues that have the relationship "cloned by". I'm not sure if this is what you want to do referring to your text.
If it's not what you want to do, I recommend to work with IF conditions instead of branching
Seems doable if the assignee is known ahead of time. Or you may need to add some if clauses in there so the automation knows who to append as Assignee.
What you have in the screenshot seems like it should work?
Thank you @Richard Scholtes. I was missing the IF condition. I got that corrected and now it is working.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.