hello everyone,
I'm currently facing a challenge integrating Jira with our deployment process and would appreciate any insights or guidance you can provide.
Context: We have a continuous deployment pipeline set up in GitLab. When a new app version is deployed to the app stores, our pipeline automatically creates a tag commit in GitLab to mark the deployment.
Challenge: I want to streamline our process by automatically creating a corresponding release in Jira that aligns with the deployed version tagged in GitLab. However, I'm not sure how to set this up using Jira automation.
Specifics:
- The pipeline in GitLab deploys the app and tags the commit with the version number.
- I need to create a Jira release that matches this version number each time a deployment is made.
Questions:
- Is there a way to set up Jira automation to detect when a new tag is created in GitLab and subsequently create a Jira release with the same version number?
- Are there any specific Jira integrations or plugins that facilitate this kind of automation with GitLab?
- If anyone has implemented a similar workflow, could you share your approach or any scripts that might be helpful?
I'm looking for a solution that minimizes manual intervention and ensures our Jira releases are always in sync with our actual deployments.
Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions!