Hello community! I have an issue with Jira automation. I set up the rule: when issue status transition to "in progress" then edit issue field fix version (next unreleased version)But I have a few versions now. So... And when automation works it just deleting that version which I set up by myself and setting up next unreleased version. How can I set up a rule so that it doesn't delete the second version that I put on it?
Hi @Ekaterina Zvereva
For a question like this, please post an image of your complete automation rule, images of any relevant actions / conditions / branches, an image of the audit log details showing the rule execution, and explain what is not working as expected. Those will provide context for the community to offer ideas. Thanks!
Until we see those...
Are you trying to add a release / version to the existing values in the issue? If so...
I believe rules can use those relative versions (e.g., Next Unreleased Version) to SET the Fix Version, or they can COPY from another issue and add to the existing versions. But they cannot do both.
I suspect a work-arounds is possible, such as with Advanced Edit with JSON and created variables:
Kind regards,Bill
Hello @Bill Sheboy
Thank you very much for your answer.
Here it is, my rule and history about how it works
@Bill Sheboy by JSON I did this, but as I understand I should every time change name of version in this rule
Thank you for that information. Focusing on the original rule first:
Looking at the audit log from your rule execution, I see only one Edit Issue result, indicating there was no parent issue to branch to. Is that what you expected for the issue CARGO-5488?
Also...
Given what appears to be the change history for issue CARGO-5488 there are at least 2 rules running on that issue after the transition: one changing the Fix Version and another changing the Sprint.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.