I have a service project that clones tickets into a software project. I want any comments that are added(After the clone has already been completed) to the parent tickets(ProjectA) to be added to the cloned ticket(ProjectB) in the other project.
Hello @Robert L. Nowitzke
Yes, that is possible.
It will require a multi-project scoped rule. Those can be created only by full Jira Administrators.
Do you keep a link between the issues such that in the Project A issue under Issue Links it says "is cloned by" the issue in Project B?
The structure of the automation rule would be:
Trigger: Issue CommentedCondition: Issue Field Condition Field: Project condition: equals Value: <the service project>For Each: Linked Issues Link type: is cloned by Action: Add Comment Content: comment created: {{comment.created}} comment author: {{comment.author.displayname}} {{comment.body}}
Yes I link the issues. My other problem is one of them are a Team Managed project and that I need to recreate to a Company managed.
Have you tried the rule I outlined? It should work.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.