Is there an option to make issue number configured to JSM - 1234567 instead of out-of-box JSM - 1234
Hello @chrs
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
The issue keys will start with 1 and proceed sequentially within a project. The pattern of the issue key is
<projectKey>-<sequentialNumber>
The number portion doesn't not support leading zeros.
With that information can you provide more information about what you are trying to accomplish? I don't quite understand what you are trying to change.
@Trudy P Claspill thank you
i'm looking for issue to customized where we have issue number has 6 digits to start with
Why? What problem would this solve?
Technically, you could force it - create 999,999 issues in the project, and the next one will be JSM-1000000. But I can't think of any reason to spend the days it would take to do that.
I think it wouldn't be necessary to create 99,999 issues. It would only be necessary to import one issue explicitly assigning it the issue key <project key>-99999. That would reset the sequential numbering of issues so that the next one created would be numbered 100,000.
I agree with @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- though in wondering what problem you are trying to solve.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.