We use Jira SM to lodge change management tickets when we do releases. We've recently added Assets and have populated the CMDB so we can now add Affected Services and Systems to these CMs.
What I'd like to do is use an issue transition trigger to fire an A4J rule that populates notification emails, both by listing the Affected Services and Systems (Name) data in the body of the email, and the addressees
Our Object schema is called RAC
In the Schema tree I'm interested in the item/object we've named "System and Software", which is displayed in the issue as a field called "System". The attributes I want from that are "Name", "Custodian", "Primary Internal Contact"
If possible, I'd like to get from the Outbound references, the "Service", "Affected Service" and "Contact" data.
I've tried objects and lookupObjects, but that seems to pull only issue data, not the asset data from the issue
Has anyone been able to achieve what I'm trying to do (which seems like a fairly broadly applicable use case), and if so, what was the smart value syntax and/or actions you used?