Hello! I am looking for help on how to setup key-value pairs on a Jira form that will trigger an automation to start runbook in Azure. (https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-automation-actions/#Start-runbook-in-Azure)
In this case, I want to pass the values from my form fields to Azure:FIRSTNAME and LASTNAME are the keys that Azure is expecting... what do I need to enter in the value fields to grab the corresponding data from the form fields?
Hi @Justin Buckley
The action to start runbook in Azure, is not able to use smart values (values from other fields to be used in other automation actions or conditions)
So in this case I don't see that the request you have is possible, as you only can specify a key pair in the action directly.
Sorry, not sure I follow. Are you saying I can't pass the values of my form fields to Azure? Seem like that defeats the entire purpose of providing key-value pairs?
In the action "start runbook in Azure" you can set defined values, but these values can't be provided by input in fields in an issue.
This can only be done by using automation smart values, but the action "start runbook in Azure", can't use smart values as stated in the documentation.
The values you can use in the action are values in Azure, as the action already requires you to connect Jira with Microsoft Azure.
So the details you can provide in the action, are values, that exist in Azure, but can't be taken from fields in Jira.
@Marc -Devoteam-
Thanks for clarifying. This is pretty disappointing and seems like a functional oversight to not be able to simply pass form field values to a runbook. In my case, I was hoping to create a new user account request form (amongst others) but I guess if the values don't already exist in Azure then this automation is pretty limited in scope.
I did find a way to pass some data to Azure, but it's a pain in the butt. For those interested.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/Reading-a-Forms-ProForma-field-value-without-the-JSON-tab/ba-p/2097012
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.