Hello Everyone,
TL;DR
- Is it possible to organize portal-only users with organizations in Jira Service Management ("service desk cloud")? And how to create organizations when portal-only users are login within SSO?
- When I configure SSO with an identity provider (in Jira Service Management), does it mean that all my customers emails must be from my domain? I’m asking because I can see that in configuration I have number saying of quantity of verified domains.
Longer version
I have some doubts about our migration from Jira service desk on prem to Jira service desk in the cloud.
We used to have (in Jira on prem) our customers account registered via our solution, that was connecting to service desk via rest API. Customers account were organized according to organization that they were attached. In our case, one organization most often has more than one customer account attached, and it was convenient that they can see “organization” history.
When moving to cloud we would like to change way of handling user. We would like to keep them in our Keycloak and only enable SSO for them when logging in to service desk. However, we would like to keep structure of how they are organized in service desk.
After reading manuals and forum, we managed to enable “portal only” login for customers. However, those customers are missing information about organization that they should belong to.
On the other hand, we have tried to configure SSO with an identity provider, but we have encountered some problems (see questions on the top)