There are very old tickets still sitting in Done status on the Jira board. Is it possible to auto-archive tickets after they have been marked as Done?
Hi @Bhagya Roy ,
Are you setting a resolution for the item when it is transitioned to done? In the workflow you could add a post function that sets the resolution to archived when you transition it to done. Then it should filter itself out.
~Hope that helps
Hi @Bhagya Roy
Instead of archiving you may want to filter the tickets in the done column following this solution: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Hide-Completed-Done-tickets-in-Backlog-on-a-SCRUM-board/qaq-p/917463
Cheers
Thank you for your response. I went through your solution but we are not using Sprint on our board so I guess this filter won't be working in our case. Our Jira board is typically without a backlog feature. So can you suggest a better way to delete/archive the done issue?
Hi Bhagya,
When you go to Board Settings > General, do you see this at the bottom?
Hi John, thanks for the reply. But our board is not kanban it is scrum
Each board has a filter that is used to select the issues that are displayed. You can alter this filter (or create a new one), that filters out issues in a specific status (regardless if you are using sprints or not).
Best regards,
Kris
Okay, thanks for that. Let's step back and get some more info. Is it Team-managed or Company-managed? Assuming Company-managed, you are using a Scrum board but not using Sprints? Did I read that correctly in the other answer? Can you explain that more?
Where are the issues showing? In the final column of the board? Just in the backlog? Some other column?
Hi, it is a team-managed software board mainly for doing management-related tasks. So we don't use sprint since no release is happening and also no backlogs.
I have included the screenshot of our board below, there you can see 18 Done tasks. I would like to archive those tickets (not to delete - them since I will be needing them for the future).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.