I am using the External File Import option on the back end of Jira to import a file of issue to an existing project. The comments will not parce in no matter what I do to their formatting.
The original format I downloaded them as is
05/Dec/23 10:30 AM;User ID;This has been posted.
I have also tried updating the date format and changing the User ID to the user's name, but it still loads the comments in as if I made them.
12/21/2023 12:00:00;Employee Name;No problem
We do not need the date/time to be accurate, but we do need to be able to see who made each comment. When I had the user ID it would carry over into the comment, but when I use the employee name I get a warning that the commenter is not a known employee, but it also removes the space between the employee first and last name so maybe thats part of the issue?