We would like to integrate our Jira Cloud project with a Bitbucket repo. Jira Cloud project is hosted on instance X while Bitbucket is hosted on a separate instance Y. Is there a way to connect the two ? I followed everything here and here without success.
Hello @John Limmo
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
First, let us clear up what you mean by the apps are hosted on instances X and Y.
Are you using self-hosted versions of the products, or the Atlassian SaaS hosted versions of the products?
For Bitbucket is the URL https://bitbucket.org or something else?
For Jira is the base URL https://something.atlassian.net, or something else?
It is normal for Jira and Bitbucket to be "hosted" separately. However we have to clarify if you are using self-hosted or SaaS products to direct you to the right information about integrating them.
Thank you Trudy, I can confirm that Bitbucket is on https://bitbucket.org/xxxx and Jira is on https://yyyy.atlassian.net.
Given that, the first article you referenced does not apply, because it concerns Jira Server, not Jira Cloud.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/How-do-I-connect-a-Bitbucket-repository-with-a-Jira-Cloud/qaq-p/582105
The second article you referenced
... does apply to Bitbucket Cloud and Jira Cloud. It is unclear if the problems in that post match the problems you are encountering. I also notice that when the post asks about Bitbucket and Jira Cloud, many of the answers refer to people having success connecting Bitbucket Server and Jira Server.
That article does reference Atlassian documentation for integrating the two Cloud products:
https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/connect-bitbucket-cloud-to-jira-software-cloud/
Have you successfully executed the steps outlined in that document? If not, which steps were you not able to complete, and what happened when you tried to complete them?
I see in your image that there is a "!" icon next to the Development label. If you hover over that icon, is there a message displayed?
I used https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/connect-bitbucket-cloud-to-jira-software-cloud/ and it worked for Bitbucket under my personal account. I can't see repos from other Bitbucket instances (I have been assigned admin rights). This is when I access project>Toolchain>Bitbucket>Add repo. Thus the "!" icon next to the development label. See attached photo.I am wondering if the feature allows integration across separate instances.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.