Hello,
I'm developing a .NET application that interfaces with JIRA's REST API using HttpClient.
We're needing to create tickets on behalf of users who do not have JIRA accounts, using only their email addresses. This is to enable email notifications about the ticket, without requiring these users to engage with JIRA directly. The behaviour I would like to replicate which is possible through the web interface is creating an issue on behalf of + email address.
I'm facing challenges in configuring the JIRA API to allow issue creation in this way, specifically with setting the reporter field to an email address rather an existing accountId. So far I've been able to create issues 1- anonymously, 2- from the authenticated user, and 3- on behalf of a default "App User" account, trying to overwrite the email address associated with the account with the app user email address. Although the issues post successfully to our Jira Service Service Management project, the app user email address is not the one Jira uses to then send email notifications.
How can I create issues through the API that allow JIRA to send notifications to these non-JIRA users using their email addresses?
Many thanks,
Laureline