Hello.
I just can't seem to find a solution - but maybe there is none without payment.
In the issues I can not log work. No such button. Though I can enter an Original estimate, I can then not log work/ track time.
It seems similar to the issue here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Time-Tracking-Cannot-find-the-Activate-button/qaq-p/2230010
But its a company-managed project so the solution does not apply.
I followed the instructions I found to enable it (Log time on an issue | Jira Software Cloud | Atlassian Support & Configure time tracking | Atlassian Support). The issue I have is setting permissions so people are allowed to "work on issue": I see the message that editing permissions is not possible on the free plan.
Could it be because the project was payed for a while where the permissions were set manually and now back on the free plan its impossible to change?
Any idea for what else could be the issue/ how to enable this?
Hello @David Schwenninger ,
Generally, you would only need to meet the few criteria below to log time:-
If you do think that it is a permission scheme issue and you are unable to update the permissions scheme due to being in the free tier, perhaps you can consider creating a new project and then moving all the issues over.
The default permission scheme for new projects in the free tier should allow any logged-in users to log time.
Hope this helps.
Regards.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.