Hello,
I'm trying to clone an issue from project A to B with a Transition Issue trigger. But I got some error messages like:
Can not create issue in project/issue type
10012/10027
Any suggestions/solutions?Thank you
Hello @Tempo Digital
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
Are any of the projects in scope or the destination project a Team Managed project?
If so, then you can't use "Same issue type as trigger issue" in the Clone action.
Even if the Team Managed projects have issues types that show the same name, on the back end they have different unique issue type IDs and are not considered the same issue type.
If all the projects are Company Managed projects, have you confirmed that they share the same Issue Type Scheme, or that their Issue Type Schemes include the same issue types?
Hi @Tempo Digital -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
That error may mean a couple of possible things:
Kind regards,Bill
Those are also valid possible causes for the issue!
Hello @Trudy P Claspill
thank you in advance.
Yes, iam use Team Managed Project in Project A and B.
And i try to define specific issue in project B, and i got this error:
How can i check if they have different unique issue type ID?
Hello @Bill Sheboy
Because your clone action is using the option "Same issue type as trigger" the source issue type does not exist in the other project. To solve this, I recommend selecting the specific issue type in that action.
I tried pick a specific problem in project B with "Task", for which I created "Task" also in Project A. But I still get some errors like this.
And i make sure the rule actor is "Automation for Jira"
As Trudy described, because the project you are cloning to is a team-managed project (TMP), it will definitely have a different Issue Type (and id), even for the same named task.
This is a known problem, as described here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AUTO-410
A possible work-around would be to create the issue using a Send Web Request to the REST API function for issue create, although I have not tried that for a TMP.
Update and FYI: I tried another work-around using a created variable to force the specific issue type in the destination project and got the same error message. I wonder if there is an underlying problem with the REST API and TMP for create issue.
Let's stick with Trudy's thread as she has the correct cause. Thanks!
Regarding the new error you got about the new issue needing to be created in the same project as the parent issue - in that specific execution of the rule you are using the Clone operation and trying to Clone the issue that triggered the rule. Was the issue that triggered the rule a child issue under an Epic? If so, the Clone process would try to make the new issue a child of the same Epic.
With Team Managed projects Epics and their child issues must be in the same project. You can't have an issue in project A that is a child issue of an Epic in project B.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.