Hello,
I would like to use the Gitlab in Jira integration.
During configuration, the gitlab group is proposed, but it's impossible to link it. An error occurs: "The Jira user is not a site administrator. Check the permissions in Jira and try again."
So I went to the https://admin.atlassian.com/ page to check the permissions and add the site-admins right as described in the https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Can-not-link-group-of-gitlab-while-configuring-gitlab-plugin-for/qaq-p/2390914 ticket.
I'm the organization administrator: account creator.
However, in group management, the site-admins group is not listed.
What should I do?
Thanks
Hi @[deleted] ,
The site where you're trying to create this integration might need the below changes:
The reason you may be seeing this change is because Atlassian recentlade a change that introduces Org Admin group instead of the transitional Site-admin to avoid Org Admins admin access to all site contents.
Do let us know if these steps helped.
Thank you for your reply @Jehan Bhathena . I created this new group, added my account and all the administration rights for the Jira Administration and Jira Software products.
I then logged out and logged back in. I then added the Gitlab For Jira extension, but the outcome was the same. The same error occurred.
Hey @[deleted] ,
Attaching a screen shot of the configuration at my site
can you try to replicate this and let us know how it goes?
If in case this too doesn't work, would suggest getting in touch with the Gitlab Integration support: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221011/gitlab-for-jira-cloud?tab=support&hosting=cloud
Thanks for your help @Jehan Bhathena , I tried to do the same thing, with the same roles, but the error persists.So I opened a ticket on the gitlab community as you suggested.
https://forum.gitlab.com/t/gitlab-in-jira-integration/93923
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.