My project requires a product owner field to be populated in order to create tasks via bulk CSV upload. We have just transitioned to the new cloud version of jira.
Previously, to find someone's user name I would search for issues assigned to them and then switch from basic to JQL search and copy their name which would usually be a combination of letters their first and last name. EG John Smith would be "josmit"
Now I am trying to bulk upload in the new version of Jira and the old user names are no longer being recognized. When I search for the user and switch to JQL in new jira, the names appear like this: "john.smith" I tried to copy this version also and it wasn't recognised in the bulk upload. I also tried to click on the user name to see their profile to find their user name and that did nothing.
So my question is... how do I find the correct format for individual user names in cloud jira in order to assign them as the product owner when bulk uploading from a csv file?
Thanks in advance for answering