how to find accountid

Aaron Su June 19, 2019

I apply a free JIRA , and can't find my accountid after  click on my icon and profile on the sidebar . Is there somewhere in free JIRA where I can get my accountid? Thanks 

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

9 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2020

Hi everyone,

I wanted to update this older thread in the hopes of providing a clearer answer for all that might find it.  For Jira Cloud users wanting to find their own accountId, there are a couple of ways to do this for any Jira Cloud site, even ones on the free plan.  From within Jira, you can click your own user avatar -> Profile.

Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 3.28.26 PM.png

The URL that this takes you to looks something like this:

https://example.atlassian.net/jira/people/123456:59635b21-a884-4b71-3b3-8af2467db111 

In this case, your accountId is the string in the URL after the /people/ part of that URL, or in this made up example:

123456:59635b21-a884-4b71-3b3-8af2467db111

As for how to find other user's accountId while in Jira Cloud, you can use the People section in the top nav bar to find the user and click on their name.  This is another way to find other users accountId.

As for how to lookup accountId in a programmatic manner, well if you have access to their accounts in Jira, you can use the REST API endpoint of GET /rest/api/3/groupuserpicker and query their name or email address in order to return back an accountId that way as well.

I hope this helps better explain ways to find this information in various ways.

Andy

1 vote
Max Clendenning May 2, 2022

You can also assign a person a task, then choose "Export XML", and in the XML code for the assignee it will tell you the accountid (aka the secret number you need to do things like import tasks).

Jesús Calafat
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 8, 2022

That worked!

0 votes
Ramaiah Pendli June 19, 2019

Hi @Aaron Su 

Account ID you can find it in the URL when you open your profile.

Aaron Su June 19, 2019

When open my profile, the URL is " https://id.atlassian.com/profile/profile.action", and redirect to "https://start.atlassian.com/".    Can I find my JIRA  accountID if use Free JIRA?

Thanks

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2022

Hi @Aaron Su , another way to find your ID is to use the Advanced issue search to create a filter that leverages your user name. If you enter "assignee = <your user name>" the resulting filter will translate your name to your account ID.

Like Roberta Armillis likes this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2019

What do you mean by “accounted”? If you are using Cloud you can go to profile and click Manage account to get to your info. If you mean “user ID” that is your email.

Aaron Su June 19, 2019

Try to get my accountID.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events