Hello everyone...
Thinking on how to start this... I've read tons of articles online how to make it work but nothing.
Recently we have integrated Jira into our company, works good, no problems, users get used to it on opening tickets and so...
We have one external partner on which we communicate on daily basis and they also use Jira for all of their communication. Now here's the problem.
When we communicate with them I want that my inquiry is also part of ours Jira so we can track it like every other task.
I sent email to my partner’s Jira system (support@partner.com), and cc our Jira system ( ourjira@internal.com) (I want to have a log of report and to make it Resolved after we finish it) but initial request from our side needs to go via email.
Our Jira system opened new ticket with that request (IT-72)
When my partner replied from their Jira system, our Jira didn’t put their reply to ticket IT-72 instead it created new one IT-73.
If they reply again, it will open third ticket, and so on…
How do you guys handle that? Partners that you work with which are also using Jira?
I have ticked the checkmark in Configuration (Yes, allow all emails that contain a valid issue key to be added as a comment to the issue)
But still the same... every time that partner replies from their Jira, my Jira creates new ticket.
Thanks!