In our organization we use a project per client which we keep open while the client is with us. These projects can have two states: Implementation or Implemented/live. I would like to be able to show this information to our developers that are working on issues within these projects since this can affect their decisions.
Implementation: You can see this as a new client of which the platform is being prepared for use and isn't live yet.
Implemented/live: An existing client of which the platform is up and running with active users.
I could (mis)use categories for this and create a category for each state which would be fine but then I would like to get that category/state somewhere within an issue, is that possible? Best case: I would also be able to change the category in the issue I'm viewing (so it changes for the entire project, not per issue).
I've searched other questions and found https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Project-Status-Field/qaq-p/2369697 which comes close but the solution is not quite fit for our needs.