Trying to give a Confluence user the ability to invite Guests. I managed to provide them with Confluence-only admin rights but those don't allow access to admin.atlassian.com. I can't have standard users with full admin rights to Jira. Is there a way to invite Guests without full admin rights?
Rodrigo with Atlassian Support managed to find a workaround to do exactly what I needed. I moved the handful of users in our 'site-admins' group to the 'administrators' group and placed the 1 user who needs Invite Guest perms in the 'site-admins' group. That group gives her access to admin.atlassian which is necessary in order to invite Guests. Then, via Global Permissions, I removed that group's ability to access Jira product. In theory she can elevate her own perms if she tries but she acknowledged in writing that she won't.
Hi @Chris Collie ,
As far as I'm aware of, they'll need that level of access to managed users. Org/site admins would add the users to the instance, however, space admins will be the ones assigning the guest to the space.
Thanks Benjamin - I've tried everything and am pretty sure you're correct
Most Welcome.
Tried reviewing the documentation on guest. Didn't see anything in the article that shows other roles having that permission.
https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/invite-guests-for-external-collaboration/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.