We have Service Management and our ticket editor has canned responses. However, our other projects do not have this option in their ticket editors. How can we enable it for our other projects?
Thanks! Sara
Hello @Sara Nicholson
Canned responses are a feature only for Jira Service Management projects.
A workaround is to use Automation For Jira to automate a response to an issue in a Software or Work Management project, but that does not surface the same Canned Response option available in JSM.
You could make the rules Manually triggered to allow end users to manually specify which response they want to apply.
Hey @Sara Nicholson,
Canned responses are supported only in service projects. It's impossible to enable them in Jira Sofware or Work Management (at least for now).
If you consider using an app for this, there is a solution on the marketplace that works for all project types - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/addons/app/jira/cloud-fortified?hosting=cloud&query=canned%20response
Thank you Iryna. I will take a look at the app. Sara
Hi Trudy,
Thanks for the response. We were looking to use this for internal messages and things like templates that are put into development tickets (we usually use the text option in the WYSIWYG editor but that is not supported in Cloud either )
Thanks though!
Sara
Hi Iryna,
I added the app and I think it will meet our needs. Do you know how to delete a canned response if you no longer need it?
Thanks!
Also, how do you change the "scope" when creating a template? Each template I try to create the scope says "Project" and it is grayed out so I can't change it to Personal or Global? Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.