Hello all,
I'm looking for a way to submit a portal form using Python. For example I have a form at https://xxxxxxx.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/group/1/create/1
I can authenticate using email:token with or without the jira module and also create issues. However I want to create issues by submitting the form on the portal. Is there a way to do this using python?
from jira import JIRAjira_connection = JIRA(basic_auth=('email@email.com', 'tokenxxxxxxxxx'), server="https://myinstance.atlassian.net")issue_dict = {'project': {'key': 'TEST'},'summary': 'Testing script','description': 'Testing script','issuetype': {'name': 'Service Request'},}new_issue = jira_connection.create_issue(fields=issue_dict)print(new_issue)
I'm not aware of a possibility to interact with that user forms from Python (or the Jira SDK), but the form doesn't make anything other than creating a Jira issue internally.
So if you just set all fields that are available in your form + the service request type you should be good to go with your Python script.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.