I am trying to create a status page in confluence where are PM's can update the status of some products into a high level overview for management to be able to see at a high level but I want that status update to also go into the Jira ticket for the project itself. Is there a way to do this with a custom confluence form?
Hi @Rick Hansen and welcome to the community,
Out of the box you can't do it. Perhaps @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ might be eligible to help you on this.
Thanks @Alex Koxaras -Relational- for joining me into this conversation.
Yes, indeed you can set up a ConfiForms form that could update your Jira issue(s)
@Rick Hansen let me know if want to research this possibility and need our support on this - feel free to open a ticket
Alex
Hi @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ ,
Do I get it right that with ConfiForms I can add a comment to a specific ticket?
Can I also update a status? I didn't find these cases in the app's docs. If you pinpoint some resourse on how to do this, it will be helpful.
Yes, you can call any Jira REST API endpoint from ConfiForms
Are you using cloud or server/dc version of Confluence/ConfiForms?
Answer is similar but a bit different... But in any case you can use the REST API to do the transition, as per https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-change-the-issue-status-by-REST-API-in-JIRA/qaq-p/850658
The difference is how to "invoke it" - via applink service or via the web request (IFTTT types)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.