I am currently using a Jira Server (and confluence) instance with a private access setup, allowing only users in the directory to have access. And the Jira directory is shared with confluence.
Previously, I utilized the Jira Server REST API to create and modify client accounts and assign them to specific spaces through groups. As our clients are not IT professionals, my team manages account names and email changes on their behalf using the API.
We are now planning to migrate to Jira Cloud, and I would greatly appreciate some clarification regarding the management of account data. Am I correct in understanding that, with Jira Cloud, we need to obtain Atlassian Access in order to handle account-related tasks on behalf of our clients?
I kindly request your guidance and insight on the following questions:
- How can we gain access to manage client account data on Jira Cloud?
- Would there be any changes to the process for managing account names and email changes compared to the Jira Server API setup?
Thank