Hi,
I want to create an automation rule in a jira work management project
when a subtaks is created -> copy the category field from the parent issue.
Can anyone help me with this ?
Thanks in advanced !
Hi @Erik Mathijs
You can construct something like this:
You'll need to use Advanced fields section within Edit issue action and you can use the following JSON:
{ "fields": { "Category": { "value": "{{issue.parent.Category.value}}" } }}
This should copy any "Category" value that is set to a parent issue (if it exists).
Hope this helps.
Best,Tom
Hi @Erik Mathijs ,
please take a look to the following tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klwQA9cwBfU, it should help you on that
Fabio
Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Catworkx_ ,
This video is helpfull but the category field in jira work management seems to be a special field.
I can't select it in the edit field action screen
please share a screenshoot about that field on creation
In jira work management i have the field category
i want to copy the category field from the parent to the subtask when a subtask is created.
In the automation rule i create a branch
In the choose field to set the category field is not available
and it is also not available on the copy field from parent (for getting this i selected another field to try getting the parent field category
Thanks Tom !
Hi all,
I am facing the same problem and when using the JSON, I get the following error message: Additional fields contains invalid field(s) in 'update' or 'fields' section: Category
I would appreciate some assistance with this case.
Hi @Justina Bülow
Can you copy Additional fields section content and maybe paste screenshots from the site and where the problem appears?
Also, can you confirm you're in business/Jira Work Management project? Additionally, from where are you creating sub-tasks?
Cheers,Tom
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.