I'm trying to create a ticket via Javascript via the Rest Api. So far I've gotten everything working except for creating a ticket when the email hasn't already existed in our system. For instance, when I or a registered customer creates an issue ticket, the reporter is then registered with the associated email.
However, if I were to raise an issue using my personal email, or if someone else within a customer company were to raise a ticket through the rest api, it automatically sets it to anonymous. Here's my code, bear in mind we've done a bit of personalisation:
let result = await core.Jira.CreateIssue({
"Type": "NewDomainAuth",
"Summary": "New domain authentication",
"Description": "",
"ReporterEmail": emailContact
});
Like I said, this works fine, but only if the email already exists in our system. Let's say we have a Janice@helloworld.com registered, but someone else in the company e.g. Steve@helloworld.com creates a ticket and he isn't already in the system it comes in as anonymous, and hasn't linked the email to the reporter. I don't want them registered as a new user, I just want them to receive updates on the ticket.
Thoughts? Let me know if more information is required.