I am using smart values and this automation rule:https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-copy-comments-from-the-original-issue-to-the-cloned-issue-1236601599.htmlWhen issue is cloned, seeking that the cloned (child) ticket:a) includes all the comments from the parent ticketb) orders the comments exactly as they are ordered in the parent ticket (newest comment at top and descending to oldest ticket)I've run a test using the automation and smart values give in the link above, and it ported over just a few of the comments, not all. The comments spanned about 45 days, around 20 comments total. It only ported over 6 comments
Hello @Jason
In what type of project is the source issue located; Software, Service, Work Management and Team or Company Managed?
In what type of project is the new issue located?
Is there any common elements concerning the comments that were or were not copied?
softwareI'm not sure how to answer the "work management and team or company managed" questionI'm not sure what 'common elements' refers to
If you navigate to the "View all projects" page under the Projects menu and find your project in the list, then in the Type column it will say "Company-managed" or "Team-Managed". It will also say "software" or "business". "business" is the same as "Work Management".
"common elements" refers to anything the comments have in common - author, date, content, visibility setting.
@Trudy P Claspill company managed softwareRegarding common elements, I'm still not sure how to answer this.authors/dates/content will all be different for different tickets... where do I check visibility settings? Is this a project setting, or user by user? And will visibility settings vary across users? we've got around 25 users in the project
Hi @Jason
If you are struggling with cloning, your issue with all comments, I think our Deep Clone for Jira marketplace app can help you.
To clone comments, check Comments under Clone additional fields. Deep Clone will even impersonate the original comment authors.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.