I'm a novice when it comes to creating Jira automation. We do not have any Jira add-ons for automation and cannot add any add-ons.
Situation:
Issue Type 1: A Story issue type that has a custom multi-line text field, say Field A.
Issue Type 2: Tech Debt. This is also a standard issue type (just like a story or bug) that has a different custom multi-line text field, say Field B.
I'm trying to create automation so that when a Story issue type is changed to a Tech Debt issue type, Field A's information copies over to Field B.
I'm able to create automation that can copy that field data over by using the edit issue fields, but I don't know how to get it to trigger when the issue type is changed from Story to Tech Debt. Is there a way to do this? I found the trigger for when Issue Type is changed, but I'm not sure how to apply conditions of was a Story and is now a Tech Debt.