As the title indicates, when we add Customers as "Request Participants" to Service Requests, those customers do not receive emailed updates on tickets, the tickets are not visible in their customer portal, and they can not view the tickets with a link from the customer portal or from the Project portal. As far as we know it has always been this way. I'm not our JIRA admin so I don't have access to change permissions or routing rules. I'm doing the legwork for my JIRA admin (who is also VP of IT Operations) and trying to find the solution so he can implement it.
This happens whether our end users use the "Share With" function on the customer portal or if we add the participant from the project.
This happens whether the ticket is created by an end user from the customer portal or if it is created on behalf of an end user.
I believe this might be related to "Request Type" but as far as I know, this is happening regardless of request type.