Jira backlog.
Old epic panel:
New epic panel:
I want the old epic panel again...
Hello @Boris Libeert
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
In looking at my own Free instance of Jira the "new" functionality you describe occurs for me only when I am using the Epic panel in the Backlog screen for a Team Managed project.
The "old" functionality you describe happens for me when I am using the Epic panel in the Backlog screen for a Company Managed project.
Check the bottom of the navigation panel on the left to find the text that says whether your project is team-managed or company-managed.
Yes, this is correct, my project is team-managed.
But changing the project to be company managed can't be the only way to change the epic panel, can it?
I'm not aware of any configuration option available to users or admins for changing this.
I had not even noticed that Team Managed projects did this differently until reading your post. But I did find another post on the same topic from 2021.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Cloud-Admins-questions/Disable-multi-select-in-epic-panel-in-team-managed-project/qaq-p/1861262
Since you are on a paid subscription you could ask your Jira Admins to open a support case to get more information directly from Atlassian on this topic.
Company Managed projects now have this new behavior also. Also don't find this change helpful. In most cases, I only want to see the tickets in one epic.
Indeed, please bring back the former way of working. How am I supposed to walk through the stories per epic now? It's undoable to unselect all other epics every time, just to see the stories of one epic .... 😡
Agreed. Best case scenario, you have to click two times instead of once. Worst case scenario, you click several times without realizing what is going on, then have to scroll through the complete list of epics and unclick them one by one. It is a massive waste of time. All this for a feature that only 5% of people would ever need (see multiple epics at the same time) and that could be done perfectly well with Ctrl-Click.
At this rate, the multiple issue selection will soon become the default on Click, now that there is bulk edit in the backlog :-) ;-(
The sad thing is that if there is any analytics behind this feature, it will show massive adoption, as everyone will first click on several epics by mistake
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.