I'm fairly new to automation in Jira and was wondering if someone can say if this is even possible.
I want to be able to set the value of a custom field, RAG status, by comparing the due date of the issue with the due dates of ALL its child issues. Basically:
- if all child issues due date is equal to or before the parent issue due date, set RAG to green
- if one or more child issues due dates are greater than the parent issue due date, but no more than three months, set RAG to amber
- if one or more child issue due dates is 3 months greater than the parent issue due date, set RAG to red
This is on a company managed project, but if possible and a success, we may consider rolling this out as a global automation rule across multiple projects. I do not have any apps to use and it's likely if there was one that could do this, it wouldn't be approved for use in our organisation, so this would have to be achievable out of the box