I'm trying to set up a Ticket Service between Jira Service and Jira Software and i'm using JMWE to create an issue at the Dev Project from a transition of an issue at Service Project. Watching videos on hoow to use JMWE i noticed that my options at "Link to new Issue" don't show the "Creates" or "is created by". I've tried to use other options like "Clones" or "Duplicates" but none of them worked. What i have to do to display this "Creates" option at "Link to new issue" on JMWE post-function?
Hi Lucas,
In the "Create issue(s)" post-function, JMWE should show every issue link available in your Jira instance. Is it possible that you don't have the "Created" / "Created by" link? Could you open an existing issue, link it to another issue, and see which links are available to you?
As a Jira Admin, you can also navigate to "Issue Linking" in the "Issues" Jira settings section to see a full list of your issue links.
Cheers,Evn
Hi @Lucas Souza ,
I believe what you're trying to achieve during the "Enviar para Dev" transition is to create a new Bug issue (which you already managed using the "Create Issue(s)" post function, and immediately transition that new Bug from its initial status ("To Do") to the "Bugs Reportados" status.
This can be achieved by putting your "Create Issue(s)" post function inside a "Sequence of Post-functions" post function, and then adding in that Sequence a "Transition Issue(s)" post function to trigger the "Bugs Reportados" transition (or whatever that transition is called) on the newly created Bug.
The trick is to select "Issues returned by the following Nunjucks template:" under "Target Issue(s)" and use this template:
{{ context.newIssueKey }}
This returns the key of the issue that was created by the "Create Issue(s)" post function inside the same "Sequence of Post-functions". This way the newly created bug will be transitioned to the desired status.
Hi,I just saw that "Issue Linking" list and didn't have the "Creates/Is created by" link. I do have the possibility to create a new link but it seems odd once its just a text format. Will this new link work just by creating the "Creates" link?Thanks for your answer!
Lucas,
What are you trying to accomplish? If you really want a "Creates" link in your Jira instance to be used in general, you can add it here. But you definitely don't need it for this function to work. You can leave the link blank in the JMWE post function, or you could choose one of your existing links.
Evn,I'm trying to create a Post-Function where my support team send an issue to my Dev team. This creating an issue is working fine now (thanks to your previous answer). Now my problem is that this new issue created isn't going to the right "status". At my Workflow is this transition is set to go from "Open" to "Reported Bugs" (status at the Jira Software) but it keep ending at my Jira Software Backlog. Is there any specific post-function to solve this problem? Thanks,
Hi David,Would it be something like this?
I think i'm missing something at this Transition Post-function...I tried like this and end up at "To do" again.
Hi @Lucas Souza
As I mentioned earlier, you need to put both post functions inside a "Sequence of post functions" post function. This is because of a Jira cloud limitation.
Thanks David,
It works perfectly now!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.