How do I change/modify the issue fields displayed from the backlog view?
Hello @Michael S Sullivan
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
Based on your screen image I believe you are using a Team Managed project. You can confirm that by looking at the text at the bottom of the panel on the left when you are viewing the Backlog.
If that is the case it is not currently possible to customize the fields that display on the cards in the Backlog or Active Sprints view. You can vote on the change request for that here:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17336
Hi @Michael S Sullivan
If it's Team-managed, it's not possible as @Trudy P Claspill has mentioned.
It could also be the Enhanced Board and Backlog feature though, which is on Company-managed. If that is the case Board Admins can add additional fields to view via the Board Settings:
Ste
Hi Trudy, This is a Team Managed Board. That being said, I was able to make changes. A colleague of mine asked how...? I couldn't answer.
Hi Stephen,
As I mentioned to Trudy, at some point I was able to modify. I was asked by a colleague, but was unable to replicate.
So, it appears possible. I'm not sure if it will no longer allow because the demo sprint/project is active or they changed to platform. I currently don't have access to a company version of JIRA, I am out of luck working through those breadcrumbs.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Michael
Please confirm - you were able to make changes to the cards in this Team Managed project board? Or you made changes to cards on some other board?
If you were able to make card changes to this or another Team Managed board, what fields did you add? Can you provide a screen image?
It has never been possible to add fields to cards on these boards, but there are a handful of fields that will display automatically if they contain values. I'd be very interested to see the evidence that you had added fields, besides those, to cards on a TM board.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.