Hi community
*Currently running a trial version of Jira Service Management*
I hope you can help me with my question. Not quite sure if this is even possible but here it goes:
I have added a Google email address under Email Requests

This email address is our main Support inbox for our company group.
Lets say the email is support@company1.com.
We have multiple companies in our group and they all have their own support department. However, they do not have their own Support inbox. Their support email address is an alias for our main inbox.
So imagine support@company1.com has 4 aliasses:
support@company2.com support@company3.com support@company4.com support@company5.com
All email addresses sent to one of the five above addresses will end up in Jira since I have added the main email address under Email Requests.
Is this correct to assume?
If yes, then great next question.
I have created a issue custom field which is called Company furthermore I have created custom issue queues for my supporters to view since I want the supporters from each company to have their own queue where only their company's support issues lay.
What I am looking for is, a way to update the Company field inside of any issue created in Jira based on what email the customer has written to. So if the customer has written to the email alias support@company3.com I want an automation rule to update the Company field of the issue with the value representing the correct company so that the supporters of Company 3 can see the new issue in their queue.
I have everything created, but I am missing the last thing which is the automation rule based on what email the customer wrote to. I have tried to look everywhere but I cant seem to find the solution.
Is it possible to create an automation rule which can do what I am asking?
An alternative I know would be to create individual projects representing each company with their own Email Request configured, but I like the idea of having it all in one project. Anyone who can recommend either of those two things?
One project vs. five projects?
I hope someone out there might have some input! Any help is highly appreciated!