I was able to add the calculate story points on an epic based on children points, but a few things i want to fine tune and need help. I used this: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Sum-up-story-points-to-the-epic/qaq-p/2004404
How to recalculate when a child is removed from an epic.
How to recalculate if an item is canceled and still has story points. we talked about removing story points when set to canceled which would solve the problem, but verifying this is the desired process.
Hi @Sheri Widler
I think you should be able to create a duplicate rule of the one you already have (as mentioned, in your request).
Just changing the trigger of the rule to might just do the trick.
Do you also have a Lookup Issue action in your rule?
If you do as I see in the article you mentioned and further linked articles, you should amend this so that issues in status Canceled will not be taken into account.
Thanks I got most of it to work with this: When transitioned to Canceled or Reopened, For Epic Parent lookup issues "Epic Link" = {{issue.key}} and Status not in (Canceled) and Edit issue fields story points {{lookupIssues.Story Points.sum}}
The only thing that I havent gotten to work is if the child is moved from the epic or created then added to the epic.
Both option you are mentioning
I would create separate rules for as you trigger is different
For moving, use trigger Issue Moved, and have JQL on Epic Link if the issue moved and has been set a different Epic Link or stop actions if Epic Link is empty
For created and then added to an Epic, use trigger Issue Updated and and JQL on Epic Link is not empty
I hope these options will help you move forward
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.