Hi all, I've tried this a few different ways to no avail. The core use case I'm trying to satisfy is populating a regular Jira field (non-asset field) with Jira users based on an Asset object's attributes. So:
- I have an Object Type called Asset Approvals
- I have an object of this type called Software
- The Software object has an attribute called Primary Approvers
- There can be between 1 and 3 values for this attribute
- Values are referenced objects from another schema called People
- The Object Type that is being referenced from the People schema is called Employee
Currently, I've created an Asset field and can successfully load the Software object into it upon issue creation. Once loaded, I can see the attributes for the Primary Approvers.
I want to pull the email addresses of the Primary Approvers and populate a multi-user field with the values. (Note: this works when there is only a single value to pull)
However, I'm seeing the following result when I run logs for adding multiple emails:
[john.doe@email.com, jane.doe@email.com]
Jira is treating this as a single user rather than two separate emails which makes the automation fail.
Next I tried breaking this up into a list by plugging in the split() function. However, it still doesn't seem to change anything. I also tried modifying the result as if it were text by using the concat() function, but it also did not work as expected.
I'm trying to understand how I can get Jira to recognize multiple emails and then add them to the multi-user field. I'm scoured the available documentation and Community posts but none have pointed to the correct solution.