I see the below message and not the rule I want to trigger.
Hello @Vineet.Kotian
The option to manually trigger automations is under the Actions button.
If there are any manual trigger automations available they will be listed there.
Thanks @Trudy P Claspill I can see the manual trigger under Actions. If I go ahead and trigger a rule from an existing issue (under Actions), will the rule apply for all other existing issues in a project?
The issues affected by a manually triggered rule depend on the configuration and steps of the rule.
If you share the details of the rule I can tell you if it is setup to affect multiple issues.
@Trudy P Claspill I was able to execute on all issues by adding the Branch Rule (except the issue from which I was triggering the rule). I am using the below steps to update "Component" based on the Reporter from a group for all existing issues in a project: -
1. Manual trigger from issue: To Trigger from any issue through "Actions" field.2. Branch rule / related issue (using JQL): To filter the issues reported by a particular group.3. Action: Edit issue: To update componentNow that I have all existing issues assigned with a component, going forward I plan to replace step1 to trigger automatically.
@Trudy P Claspill Thanks for your help
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.