Hi there,
I could use some advice on setting up an automation for our Jira instance.
Context: We're using Jira Product Discovery to track our initiatives, and each initiative is linked to a delivery epic in Jira Software. To aid tracking, we need to identify all delivery tickets (i.e. the epic itself and the tickets linked to the epic) associated with each initiative.
Requirements: I'm looking to set up an automation that updates a custom field on all tickets linked (directly or indirectly) to an initiative when a Jira Software delivery ticket is linked to an initiative in Jira Product Discovery.
I've spent a few hours exploring the Atlassian community posts, and while I found some helpful hints (like using 'issue in linkedIssues'), I couldn't figure out how to achieve this through automation. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Looking forward to hearing your suggestions. Thanks in advance for your help! 😊
Mirko