I have a rule that searches the description of the ticket and pulls an Id from it and sets a custom field. I am trying to make it check for any other issues with the same custom field that were created prior to the issue the rule is running on, close the new issue and then associate it to the older rules. I have most of this done but am coming into some issues in the JQL where it's searching for issues created prior to the current issue.
I have tried various different ways,
cf[11618] ~ "{{issue.customfield_11618}}" AND {{created.isBefore(issue.created)}} cf[11618] ~ "{{issue.customfield_11618}}" AND "{{created.isBefore(issue.created)}}" = truecf[11618] ~ "{{issue.customfield_11618}}" AND "{{created.isBefore(issue.created)}}" = "true"but none of these work. After a lot of trial and error I eventually came to using
cf[11618] ~ "{{issue.customfield_11618}}" AND created < "{{issue.created.jqlDateTime}}"but this is still catching the triggering issue.
The only suggestion I found online was to use the advanced compare condition instead of JQL but I need JQL for this for the branching. If anyone has any suggestions please share.