Heyyyy,
I am using Automations to create issues. I want to format the Description field of my issues.
Unfortunately, there is no WYSIWYG text editor available there, so I have to use Wiki markup.
How do I create INLINE code formatting in Wiki markup?
I am familiar with the Wiki markup page, but this is not available on there.https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=texteffects
Thanks!
Hey @Mee Soo not sure whether you can use backticks (`) in your editor. I can use `inline code` in my editor. Also, I found a post/answer you might be interested in. There are old and new issue views (the first answer from Bill). The new one supports backticks while the old one doesn't. I hope the above helps.
Hi @TC Wang
I tried using backticks in the automation, but they don't resolve to inline code format in the final output. They end up as backticks. I think the editor in the edit view detects the backticks and turn them into something else on the fly.
Thanks for the idea.
Hey @Mee Soo @TC Wang ,
Try the same syntax as smart values in the description but escape each parenthesis, like "\{\{" and "\}\}".
This (\{\{inline.code\}\}) works for me.
Cheers
Frank
I can use `inline code` in my editor.
That might be because you're using an instance for which https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71890 has been resolved.
Unfortunately, as this answer of mine explains, escaped or not, the undermentioned:
{{placeholder}}
...shall not render, despite being semantically valid, and no alternative exists.
Unfortunately, as this answer of mine explains:
You're attempting to utilize the now-deprecated inline monospace formatting.
It shall not render, despite being semantically valid, and no alternative exists.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.