When I create a 2 dimensional gadget, choosing cascading filed as Y axis,
I am seeing the results with respect to cascading values.
For Example:
field name = Application
Application = Jira - Bugfix, Access, Change, Automation.
Datadog - Config, Access, Integration
Chart is displaying each child value separately like:
App Name count Percentage
Jira- Bugfix - 12 - 20%
Jira - Access - 15 - 25%
DD - Access - 10 - 17%
But my requirement is to see the chart as
AppName count percentage
Jira 27 45%
DD 10 17%
Tried following the below for copying the parent value,
Created a new text field called App and created rule as explained in the below link.
Its actually working fine. But later realized, there is a limitation "Text field" can't be used for 2D gardgets, as it won't show the text fields in axis dropdown selection
https://confluence.atlassian.com/automationkb/automation-for-jira-copy-parent-value-of-cascading-field-to-another-custom-field-1035240617.html
For that reason tried the same automation rule for a list field, but this is not working as expected., list is not showing the actual parent value of my cascading field. Instead its displaying 'None' on the Issue View screen.
I know there is a ticket with Jira Team to make text fields visible on charts. Also I am looking for this behavior with in the Jira directly not using any 3rd party apps.
Kindly throw some light, if anyone has experienced this already.
Thanks,
Kalyani.