I've gotten stuck trying to do something which seems quite easy, but turns out is actually kinda complicated, haha.
We have a custom field which always contains an internal reference number. Our system can automatically send a list of active reference numbers to a webhook each night. I then want to find all the issues that have those reference numbers that were sent through the webhook, so that I can update them.
I've tried a few approaches, but got stuck on all of them:
- Writing JQL to match the issues that need to be updated. This didn't work because you can't really match a list sent through webhook in JQL like that;
- Doing some smart value magic. I finally ended up with {{#webhookData.NTOs}}{{#if(equals({{.}}, {{issue.customfield_10681}}))}}yes{{/}}{{/}}, which should print "yes" when the custom field matches an item in the list. Unfortunately, it doesn't understand the {{.}}, which should represent an item from the list I'm comparing to, and I cant figure out why;
- Iterating over the list with a branch and using the Lookup action to find the issues to update. This didn't work because you can't actually update the resulting issues...
Does anyone know how I could make this work? Thanks a lot in advance.