Hi community,
I have some issues with my automation and was hoping to get some help here.
Problem statement:
I want to automatically update the sub-tasks of my story/bug, once something has changed in the parent (e.g. when I change the Description I'd like it automatically update in sub-tasks as well)
For that I created a rule with 'Issue Updated' trigger and following actions like Copy this and that fields from parent on sub-tasks branch.
What I noticed, that it is not working when I am updating the Description or Assignee, but it is working when I change the summary of the parent or Epic for example.
So my question is what might be the root cause? Maybe 'Issue Updated' entails only some types of changes? From documentation I understood that basically any type of update should be included there, but somehow it is not working for me(
And the other question I have just to understand how it is working: if I have 'Check to allow other rule actions to trigger this rule. Only enable this if you need this rule to execute in response to another rule.' checked - will that rule be triggered ONLY by other rule actions/results or manual changes as well?
Thank you in advance!