Hello world,
I set up an automation to create 3 stories with about 10+ subtasks each that is triggered when an Epic with a keyword is created. I need to automate the assigning of all of 30+ subtasks to different people on our team (about 3). I'm looking for a way to set the assignee so that if the person in that role is replaced, I don't have to update all of the tickets assigned to that person in the automation manually.
None of the options in the Assignee drop down will work, I thought maybe I could set Roles in Jira Software and then write those into the Assignee Drop down field, but I'm not having any luck figuring that out. Any ideas?
I know one option is to rework our issues so that the 3 issues are assigned to the 3 people, but that would require reworking our entire workflow for this process and rewriting every single issue. Any advice would be appreciated!