I have 2 projects (A &
that serve different purposes and are used by different groups.
- Project A - bug work queue with sub-tasks
- Project B - review requests that require approvals
Currently I have the following workflow/automation:
- ProjA Bug issue transitioned to request Review
- transition screen appears with text fields
- user provides text values and clicks "submit"
- ProjB Review issue created with text fields from transition screen
- ProjA Bug and all Sub-tasks linked to created ProjB Review issue
The problem I've run into is that a ProjA Bug ticket could be worked on by multiple people and/or require different types of Reviews. To address this, I'm wondering if this is possible at all with automation/transitions/triggers:
- ProjA Bug issue transitioned to request Review
- transition screen appears with text fields and list of all sub-tasks for selection
- user1 provides text values and selects some sub-tasks
- ProjB Review1 issue created with text fields from transition screen
- selected ProjA Sub-tasks linked to created ProjB Review issue
- user2 repeats steps 1-3 for different sub-tasks
- ProjB Review2 issue created with text fields from transition screen
- selected ProjA Sub-tasks linked to created ProjB Review2 issue
I've tried to create illustrations of what I'm wanting to accomplish
