Hello everyone,
If I will put my project in the inactive phase, then my links still will exist and work, right?
I have some links also in Confluence, which are connected to the project.
Best regards,
Vladimir
Hi @Vladimir Sumilin,
It depends what you mean by inactive. If you mean archiving the project, everything will remain intact, but you will not be able to access the issues in Jira. Archiving a project basically hides everything from your users.
Hope this helps!
Hi @Walter Buggenhout
I have found this link: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Making-project-inactive/qaq-p/930019https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Inactivate-a-project/qaq-p/679195
I will not archive the project, will try to make it just inactive.
Aha, yes. It is not really formally making a project inactive, but adjusting permissions. It is a common approach that was used in the past when archiving a project was not available yet and it is still a valid option.
The only thing to pay specific attention to, is to make sure you keep the browse project permission still available in your permission scheme for the people who need to be able to still see the issues in your project. People who don't have that permission will still not be able to see any issues in the project.
@Walter Buggenhout That's ok about the project, but what about Confluence pages? If I am using links from this project in Confluence pages. Will everyone see it? So, the links will not disappear, or will be inactive?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.